THE CHURCH IS NOW OPEN FOR INDIVIDUAL PRAYER
In response to the Government announcement that Churches may now open for individual prayer, we are going to be opening St Stephen's from Thursday 25th June at the following times:
Week beginning 3rd August:
Tuesday - 9.00 - 10.30am
Thursday - 3.30 - 5.00pm
St Stephens will close for the remainder of August and will re-open again for inividual prayer fom September.
Detailed guidance has been issued on how we can best keep people safe when they visit Church, which means that, among other things, we will:
- Limit the number of people in the building at any one time.
- Have clear directions in place to ensure people can maintain social distancing.
- Limit which parts of the building can be used.
- Provide hand sanitiser.
- Clean after people have visited.
It will be very good to be able to start using the Church building again, albeit on this limited basis. We have been reminded in recent months that the Church is much more than the building: but the building is an important focus for our prayer and worship, and will I'm sure continue be a comfort to many.
We are also providing additional material on this website to enable you to feel connected to the church and family - here and throughout the world.
In the pages above you will find the following:
- Regular (at home) services.
- Our weekly email containing more of these things, and also contributions from you, the family of St Stephen’s.
- Some prayers for a range of situations which we hope you will find helpful.
- You will also find a document below with links to online resources and live-streaming options, both from the Church of England and other churches.
- If you would like to join in one of St Stephens Zoom services (times and details can be found under the Zoom services tab above) please email for further information.
I wish you God’s blessing and peace in the weeks ahead. Please continue to follow Government advice and keep safe.
Revd Andy Todd
Vicar, St Stephen’s
07806 892 165 / firstname.lastname@example.org